MedicsCloud™: Unencumbered Automation for Internal Medicine
MedicsCloud for IM represents a uniﬁed approach to virtually any IM EHR requirement needed, along with integrated practice management functionality.
What is MedicsCloud for IM?
- A clean and highly visual system taking IM encounters to new levels of eﬃciency with data entered via quick clicks on an iPad™, and with transparent functionality using iPhone™, Android™, or essentially any other internet enabled handheld device. MedicsCloud for IM can also be accessed using a desktop, laptop or tablet PC.
- A certified, complete EHR for Stage 2 MU that’s highly comprehensive, yet is also light and clear with a rapid reaction time. It’s a true cloud-based solution that will make your IM EHR experience one that’s easily unencumbered.
- A system where instantaneous and accurate ICD-10 coding is enabled during the encounter using the digitized MedicsCloud for IM superbill, or through a Google™-like search ability using code-related keywords; either method can be used as preferred by the provider for accurate billing.
- Integrated practice management for a variety of capabilities including patient demographics, scheduling and more.
- A system that supports the secure MedicsCloud for IM Portal making your practice bi-directionally accessible to patients 24 x 7 x 365, helping to keep them engaged and connected on multiple levels while creating amazing eﬃciencies in terms of requesting appointments, completing “paperwork” online, and more.
- A system that operates under WindowOne™ architecture which displays required information essentially on every window view, eliminating the tons of “hunt and peck” keystrokes typically needed to ﬁnd that information.
Revolutionize your transcription eﬀort with MedicsCloud for IM and its built-in Medics FlowText!
- Working with Dragon Medical™, Medics FlowText intelligently data-populates the correct ﬁelds in the patient’s record as the report is being transcribed. This voice-to-text-to-data-entry capability allows the transcriber to complete the report - and have the data entered - in one pass!
- At the same time, Medics FlowText enables the EHR to be highly voice-command navigable, greatly reducing -- if not completely eliminating -- the user’s need to touch a keypad or mouse.
MedicsCloud for IM can be used in your quest to satisfy or qualify for a number of of CMS initiatives that can produce incredibly signiﬁcant revenue, such as:
- The Chronic Care Management (CCM) and Transitional Care Management (TCM) initiatives
- Obtaining Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) status, or for the certiﬁed EHR requirement in ACO membership
- Attesting to Stage 2 MU and reporting on PQRS while eliminating the penalties associated with both
There’s more, in the form of clinical trials:
- MedicsCloud for IM will automatically alert the physician during the encounter if the patient is a candidate for a clinical trial based on parameters such as diagnoses, procedures, age, gender, location, etc.
- The trial is explained and consent can be obtained right there, or the patient can advise the practice later.
- Use MedicsCloud for IM to proactively data mine your entire patient population in order to ID candidates for a particular trial(s) giving you the ability to advise those patients that a trial exists.
- MedicsCloud for IM will then manage and report on your clinical trials as required by the sponsoring (pharmaceutical) companies and / or any clinical research organizations (CRO).
- The potential improvements in patient health that can result through newly developed therapies is gratifying.
- The additional income typically derived by the practice from the sponsoring companies can be quite extraordinary.
In addition to these capabilities, all of the features you’d expect of an EHR today are handled by MedicsCloud for IM, such as e-Rx for controlled and non-controlled substances, lab orders and results, mechanisms for continuity of care, embedding and access to images and documents, and so much more, including:
The patient history, including past and current medical problems, family history, medications, and allergies, is easily captured and stored in detail in the EHR/EMR Internal Medicine software.
- My Encounters
The My Encounters section of the Internal Medicine EHR/EMR software provides encounter information about the patient, indicating whether the encounter is signed or unsigned. It contains information such as name, appointment dates, chief complaint, and assessment.
- Encounter Review of Systems (ROS)
During the encounter, the physician is able to track within the Internal Medicine EHR/EMR all ROS information showing abnormal vs. normal baselines. This can be attached to the record and shared with other health providers and specialists. Consultation letters can be created on the fly.
- Medication Log
This Internal Medicine EHR/EMR log tracks all of the medications that have been prescribed for a patient over a physician-specified block of time.
- Encounter Form
The EHR/EMR for Internal Medicine Encounter Form contains comprehensive information about the patient. It also provides information required by specialists or other providers that may be needed for advanced treatments.
The Referrals feature enables the physician to send referral letters to other care providers via email, fax, or e-fax. One or more sections of an encounter can be easily attached, creating a completed letter in minimal time.
- Lab Reports
A variety of lab reports showing lab and test results help the physician decide the patient’s best course of treatment.
Using the Messages section, the physician can send messages to office administration and staff, as well as emails to other care providers. The window displays a list of all of the sent and received messages and contains a comprehensive address book.
On the practice management side, MedicsCloud for IM opens into patient demographics, scheduling, and a variety of other capabilities.
So what is MedicsCloud for IM?
It’s a highly comprehensive suite designed to propel your IM practice or healthcare organization into the next realm of possibilities. It’s a system that’s incredibly extensive and fully featured with an ultra-stylized, sleek look.
It’s fast and responsive, and because it’s in the cloud, accessible securely from anywhere with an internet connection.
“When a patient’s record is opened, virtually any and every piece of information needed on the patient becomes immediately available. Medications prescribed, test results, images, allergies, previous visit details…all of this is easily viewed directly from the patient’s record. The system is a pleasure to use, and the ROI it produces in terms of eliminated redundancy and manual drudgery is extraordinary.”
Steven Gronowitz, MD