MedicsPremier has been designed for the ultimate productivity in medical office and revenue cycle management company environments. This page details the most important practice management and medical billing software features and functions available with MedicsPremier, truly The Ultimate in Practice Management and Medical Billing Software.
Features & Functions
- Automated billing with comprehensive EDI capabilities: Fully-integrated billing, collections and revenue cycle management, including electronic claim submission, remittance, eligibility verification and online claim status tracking (view Electronic Claim Submission online demo)
- Insurance eligibility verification: Instant confirmation on patients’ insurance status (view Insurance eligibility Verification online demo)
- Automated patient work flow: Complete control and management of patient flow throughout the facility, fully customizable
- Patient information management: Comprehensive, extremely intuitive demographics windows accessing a world of patient information
- Advanced appointment scheduler: Single or multi-physician/resource scheduling
- Integrated document scanning: Scan insurance cards, IDs, correspondence and other documents directly into patients’ records for quick access and retrieval
- Management reporting: A full array of financial, referral, and productivity reports
- HL7 compliance: Integrates with all industry-standard systems
- Customization, personalization, security: Highly customizable with extensive per-user personalization features and security access levels
- MedicsRx e-Prescribing Solution: Improve patient care by providing safety measures for every prescription issued. Accurate, secure prescription data is electronically transferred via NewCrop to all connected pharmacies eliminating the need for handwritten prescriptions. MedicsRx can operate with MedicsPremier only without needing the MedicsDocAssistant EHR for practice that want only e-Rx capabilities (read more about MedicsRx)
- Medics On-Call™ : Clean, fast and accurate, use your iPhone or Droid to enter data at the point of care, not hours or days later! Excellent for hospital rounds or for whenever the provider is out of the office, Medics On-Call places patient data and schedules at the provider’s fingertips.
- MediCall automated patient communication system: Automated patient telephone calling system reminds about upcoming appointments, delivers lab results, reminds about collections and provides news regarding the practice
Technical Highlights, Training and Support
Automated Billing with Comprehensive EDI Capabilities
MedicsPremier delivers market-leading medical billing software with these key features:
- Fast and flexible electronic claims submission and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) can handle the most sophisticated of billing requirements
- Dramatically reduced insurance company rejections due to error-free electronically submitted claims
- Pre-submission edits: assure that claims are correct before they are submitted to the carrier
- Procedure-diagnosis code linkage: helps ensure claim acceptance by automatically verifying that an accurate and appropriate diagnosis code is attached
- Online insurance claim status: insurance claims pre-submission report, insurance unpaid claims report, automatic claims re-submission and claims tracking
- Automatic cascading: sequential billing of secondary and tertiary insurance carriers, as required
- Automatic claims resubmission: claims are tracked as per historic response time for each particular insurance carrier and can be automatically resubmitted accordingly
- Multiple fee schedules: maintain carrier-specific and plan-specific fee schedules to assure accurate payments
- Multiple insurance holders per patient
- Acceptance and rejection reports for proof of timely filing and to quickly correct rejected claims
- Electronic reconciliation for automatic posting of payments (EOBs), eliminating the need for manual keyboard entry
Insurance Eligibility Verification
- Instant confirmation of patient’s insurance status
- Batch verification: eligibility can be verified for a group of patients, e.g., directly from the Scheduler
- Point-of-service verification: verify an individual patient’s eligibility at the time of check in
- Eligibility status available instantly upon accessing a patient’s record
Automated Patient Work Flow
Manage the flow of patients and information through the practice with greater ease and efficiency than ever before. From the moment a patient arrives in your office, every step of the way is smoothly controlled using the extremely easy MedicsPremier work flow windows. This is one of the innovative aspects which makes MedicsPremier the ultimate in medical practice management software.
Primary Features of MedicsPremier Workflow
- Fully-customizable work flow setup: MedicsPremier work flow can be customized to best suit the needs of the practice and specialty.
- Flexible rule-based process management ensures a comprehensive and streamlined process for every patient in every situation.
- Role-specific, customizable dashboard views ensures that every staff member sees only the information relevant to him/her at any point in time.
- Complete integration to other MedicsPremier system areas, such that information and actions taken within work flow automatically updates those other areas.
Key Benefits of MedicsPremier Work Flow
- Efficiently manages patient and information flow
- Avoid skipped or forgotten processes
- Minimizes data entry, saves time and reduces or completely eliminates associates errors
- Ensures that all patient-related data is always up-to-date
- Generates elapsed time reports for every step in the process
Patient Information Management
- Comprehensive patient information including complete demographics, insurance, appointments, contacts, referrals, notes, case management details and more
- Fast patient registration with alert messages and warnings relating to the patient’s insurance, possible duplicates, etc.
- Insurance eligibility verification: Instant confirmation of patient’s insurance status
- Detailed insurance plan information screen including co-pays, covered and non-covered items and pre-certification requirements
- Patient, insurance and collection balances displayed in every patient-related view
- Patient and guarantor account retrieval by numerous search criteria including patient and/or guarantor name, date of birth, social security number, phone number, insurance policy number, account number, transaction number, medical record number and more
- Procedure tracking auto-recalls for immunizations, mammographies, annual physicals, etc.
- Integrated scanning: Scan insurance cards, IDs, correspondence and other documents directly into patients’ accounts
- Customizable fields available for practice-defined information
Advanced Appointment Scheduler
- Numerous views and reports available: including schedule printouts by provider/room, daily/weekly schedule report, monthly density report and reports for no-shows, cancellations and reschedules
- Preset views and settings can be customized for each individual staff member
- Simultaneous display of an unlimited number of different dates/providers/rooms
- Search by day, time, place, provider, appointment type, and next available
- Multiple resource scheduling allows the easy scheduling of multiple providers/resources for a single patient visit
- Effortless modifications to existing appointments with only one or two mouse clicks
- Extensive customization: customized screen settings, user-defined appointment types, appointment durations, overbooking features, time slot intervals by provider/room, etc.
- Separate office and surgical schedules available for practices requiring this
- Charge slip, forms and label printing for chart preparation
Integrated Document Scanning
- Scan insurance cards, IDs, correspondence and other documents directly into patient’s account
- Incorporate any existing electronic document (e.g., fax received by computer) into the patient’s record
- Quick retrieval of paperless documentation, as required for billing and follow up
- Hundreds of standard reports using any data in the system, such as charges, revenue, productivity, appointments, etc.
- Reports may be sorted/filtered by any combination of A/R class, department, insurance, place-of-service, provider, referring doctor, plus date range (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually and for any date or date range)
- One-click for drill downs into patient data and for exporting data to Excel of MedicsPremier reports data
- Open database access (ODBC) for creating custom reports using any other third-party application, such as Microsoft Access or Crystal Reports
- Screen-preview and printing of all reports, statements, receipts, immunization records, insurance forms, encounter forms and letters
- Management dashboard instantly presents a high-level, customizable, graphical overview of all critical practice parameters
- All reports are fully customizable with customized report parameters saved for easy reuse
- Automatic report scheduling: can be set to automatically generate recurring reports at specific intervals, e.g., end of day, end of week, end of month
- Seamless integration with virtually all medical systems, lab systems, hospital systems, etc.
Customization, Personalization, Security
- Administrator-defined access permissions and customizations
- Multiple security levels: Allow or deny Read, Add, Modify and Delete privileges per user, per group of users and per software module
- Different ledger and posting views can be customized for each user
- Procedure and diagnosis code linking
- Linked procedure code posting
- Customized billing cycles
- Customized aging categories
MedicsRx e-Prescribing Solution
- MedicsRx improves patient care by providing safety measures for every prescription issued. Accurate, secure prescription data is electronically transferred to all connected pharmacies eliminating the need for handwritten prescriptions is available through MedicsPremier.
- Click here for detailed information about MedicsRx
- Clean, fast and accurate, use your iPhone or Droid to enter data at the point of care, not hours or days later! Excellent for hospital rounds or for whenever the provider is out of the office, Medics On-Call places patient data and schedules at the provider’s fingertips.
- Click here for detailed information about Medics On-Call
MediCall Automated Patient Communication System
- Comprehensive automated patient contact system via telephone / email / text messaging
- Excellent for appointment reminders, collection calls, lab result notices or for any other purpose for which many patients must be contacted quickly (last-minute office closing, bad weather advisories, a new medication or treatment is available for groups of patients based on their last diagnosis, general practice information, etc.)
- Can be used in client-server or SaaS/ASP configurations, per the practice’s preference
- Fully customizable
- Recorded voices of practice staff are familiar to the patient (does not use robotic voices)
- Can be set up to call any number(s) preferred by the patient (home, cell, work, etc.)
- Interactive features (patients can press 1 to confirm, 2 to reschedule, etc.)
- Detects the difference between an answering machine and a live pickup
- HIPAA compliant
- Very easy implementation with quick training
- Very low maintenance
- Seamless integration with any ADS system
- Amazingly affordable and pays for itself quickly
- Cloud / ASP or Customer Hosted configuration options
- Fast, powerful and flexible real time relational SQL database
- HIPAA, HL7 and ODBC compliance
- Microsoft Windows architecture
- Compatible with Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and Access
- Compatible with products such as Crystal Reports™
- All mouse functions have keyboard equivalents
Training and Support
- Comprehensive system testing and implementation services
- Excellent training for easy and efficient system use by staff
- Software support with updates and payer-required changes
- Client user groups, ongoing no-cost client training sessions and webinars, newsletters
- Data conversions from other systems are available
- Interfaces to other systems such as hospitals, HIEs, clinical labs, etc.
See a free, quick Demo of MedicsPremier.