CGx / PGx Laboratory Coding Manager for Revenue Cycle Management
MedicsRCM has an excellent management opportunity for a licensed medical laboratory coder with at least one year’s experience in CGx/PGx coding and LCD determination.
This role includes overseeing of all coding staff, education, and educator positions including the auditing of their performance and productivity.
The Manager will provide hands on support, represent the department at meetings, and provide physician education in interpretation, coding compliance and documentation improvement. Liaise with external auditing companies engaged with MedicsRCM.
Requires determining genetic lab, panel, and LCD as well as pricing experience.
- Train on coding and methods of coding with clients and Client Managers
- Monitor, measure and audit performance for specific clients with coding needs
- Ensure compliance and oversee compliance with all policies and procedures
- Manage, identify, research, and resolve daily work issues, and collaborate with Account Managers and Directors to ensure successful results
- Maintain payer relationships to ensure speedy coding processes
- Lead communication regarding clients’ credentialing needs
- Make certain that tasks assigned to individual clients are completed
- Maintain and understand federal and state regulations
- Manage pre-claims scrubbing rules and client-specific rules within a client’s database
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality / HIPAA compliance
- Attend coding presentations/webinars to remain current with any and all payer changes and updates
- Track MAC, LCD, NCD policies in all regions and report changes as appropriate
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and patients on an as-needed basis
- Maintain thorough knowledge of insurance carriers and their claim guidelines / requirements
- Develop competencies for coding staff
- Create audit coding process and verification.
- High school or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Current CPC or CCS certification required
- CPMA and / or CCP preferred but not required
- Member in good standing with AHIMA and / or AAPC
To apply for this position, please complete the form on this page.